Tuesday 31 July 2018

Where's Wally?


Where's Wally


With the concrete frame finished and that recognisable grey shape on the Horizon synonymous with so many projects started around the Island and not finished for whatever reason I decided that I had no reason not to finish it . A year off retirement and my patience wearing thin with the little darlings I teach. After all when you reach for a pair of scissors to cut the plug off to finish the argument with a teenager about whether he will or won't watch You- tube I think the writings on the wall. There are only so many times you want to be told to F—k off Miss which is an improvement on the usual C—t and I never did get the hang of the Team Teach Moves designed to bring a charging Teenager into line (without hurting them). The Trainer will be delighted as I was known to fall asleep during his sessions even on the front table so he won't have to report me again to the Headmaster. So my project is speeding up.

Regular visual feedback of the Lovely Greek workers would make an excellent Training video for a Health and Safety Manual. Not a hard hat in sight, no steel toe caps or harnesses, rickety scaffolding and no need for Fag breaks after all you don't always need both hands. Hi Viz jackets give way to plain shirts, shorts, jeans and caps and the only similarity is the mobile phone.





But those men have worked like Trojans in searing Heat and as one trade leaves, another starts or seamlessly work around each other. Throughout this build that looks more like the Centre page of my Jack and Jill Album 'Where's Wally?' As I call him can be seen in every shot and more recently attending to my hole. How big a hole does one person need for a Cesspit? My sister worried it was too close to the house, they are not going to leave it uncovered that's for sure and I told her it would last me a lifetime after all I won't be flushing loo paper down there. Just not done in Greece.




Walls painted White, not Lime Green, Marble around the windows about to be fitted pre Doors and Windows and so much more to follow to ensure it is water tight for Winter. With a fully accessible roof that anyone could see me on, note to self no nude sun bathing, I will be able to wave to those on the Castle . With my own Turrets I will be able to signal Invaders if necessary.



Ps If anyone knows who Where's Wally really is please let me know. I'm sure he should be there but can't help wondering if he's a bit like my Dad who used to be someone who just couldn't help having a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment